AN INVESTMENT IN A NAWBO MEMBERSHIP PROVIDES A PORTFOLIO OF BENEFITS THAT PROPEL BUSINESS GROWTH AND FUEL PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
Join NAWBO KC and become a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners, a strong and growing national organization that has over 60 chapters across the country. NAWBO is headquartered in Washington, D.C. and represents the voices of the nine million women-owned businesses nationwide. As a member of the Kansas City Chapter, you become part of our vibrant community of women entrepreneurs and others who support us.
The wide-ranging benefits of membership include the advocacy strength that is NAWBO’s unique heritage and adding your voice, you become part of an empowered group of women business owners, networked and connected from coast to coast. You get numerous special buyer offers and discounts, as well as greater visibility in your local market through Spotlight features, our Members’ Directory, monthly Calendar postings and more. In addition, we have acclaimed educational programming with frequent events and other useful resources to support your successful business growth.
PEER NETWORKING & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
- NAWBO offers women business owners a national and local platform to tap into the power of an established community of women entrepreneurs.
- Our NAWBO KC events and online communications and groups promote interconnectedness between members to leverage the evolving, more networked, business environment – both in Kansas City and when visiting other chapter cities. We warmly welcome new members and encourage relationships among our growing community.
Hot Seat / Mastermind Groups
We all need ongoing support as entrepreneurs. In this monthly meeting, your group of women business owner peers shares problems, successes, ask advice and help develop solutions on a confidential basis. NAWBO KC Mastermind Groups launch on a rotational basis. Premier/ Established members interested in participating should email us.
- Our programs are mostly educational and focus on members’ needs to support their successful business growth.
- Programs encompass morning, lunchtime and evening events, typically starting with networking followed by an expert speaker sharing insights and answering questions on topics including leadership, sales, marketing, finance, and public policy; plus programs on work/life balance, time management, health and other topics of interest to our members.
- Click here to see some of our past events, and register for our next event so you can experience it and meet some of our great community members.
NAWBO Partner Offers
- NAWBO’s national corporate sponsors and affiliate partners offer discounts and benefits every month that deliver significant bottom-line savings to all members.
- Premier members get exclusive benefits from NAWBO partners.
- NAWBO KC continues to develop more local benefits to suit our members’ needs. Click here to email us additional suggestions.
NAWBO provides a rich variety of online newsletters, tools and social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to give women pertinent information to help them understand the marketplace and grow their businesses.
Biweekly Newsletter: Member Spotlight and Successes & Stories
Member Spotlights for Premier/Established members. It’s ALL about YOU!!! Email Julie Towner and she will send you the format to follow.
Success & Stories
Share your accomplishments. Send them, with photos if you have them, to firstname.lastname@example.org
NAWBO KC SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook NAWBO KC
NAWBO KC Facebook page allows members and non-members to learn more about NAWBO KC, our events, and offerings.
NAWBO KC LinkedIn is where our members can share posts, news, and resources. Please note this is a members only group.
Member Event Calendar Posting
NAWBO KC wants other members and our extended community to find out about, support and attend other members’ businesses and events. Are you running an event or being featured? As a NAWBO KC member, you may have one event per month posted on our website calendar in which that member is running or is featured. See the full guidelines and submit your first event using this form.
NAWBO KC Blog
As a benefit of your membership, you are invited to submit a blog post that NAWBO KC will help amplify through our newsletter, our website, and our social media channels – reaching an audience of over 2,500 women business owners. All blogs must meet editorial guidelines for us to consider publication, including:
- Authored by a NAWBO KC member, sponsor or speaker
- Content must be of interest to NAWBO KC members and pertain to issues facing women business owners
- Blogs should include actionable advice and takeaway that members can apply to their business TODAY – it’s about quality content showcasing your expertise, and not a commercial for your business
- Content should be educational and add value. Not intended to be a selling opportunity
- Length of no more than 700 words
Other tips? Make it timely, make it interesting, making it something you would like to read and that has value to our membership. To submit a blog post, please click here, or contact Julie Towner with any questions.
NAWBO National Directory
NAWBO’s national directory allows members to connect country-wide for business development purposes and to network when traveling. Go to http://www.nawbo.org, log in to your account and navigate to the Directory.
PUBLIC POLICY AND ADVOCACY
NAWBO represents a united voice on issues that impact women-owned and small businesses daily. NAWBO provides members with information about current legislation affecting women-owned businesses and serves as a vehicle for exercising political influence through action – at national and local levels.
NAWBO’s Women’s Business Conference provides women with personal and professional business development opportunities to take their businesses to the next level of success. The annual conference brings together owners of businesses of all sizes from all industries to celebrate and leverage the collective power of the fastest growing segment of the economy—women entrepreneurs.